Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blessing

We blessed our new bundle on Sunday. It was so much fun to see everyone who came! We have been looking forward to doing this for months. Aaron has always wanted to show my family what real barbecue tastes like and the timing has always been off. We asked his dad if he would be willing to smoke some brisket and pork shoulder for the occasion months ago. He said that he couldn't do it in the winter because it would be too difficult for him to maintain the heat of the fire in the cold weather. So we bought the meat while it was still warm out, smoked it, then froze it until this weekend. It tasted wonderful!!!! (If I hadn't just told you it was frozen you would have thought it was smoked the day before, guess I just spilled the beans!) Aaron's parents were also wonderful enough to let us use their house to host the party after the blessing. Our apartment is just not big enough for this kind of function. Aaron helped out at their house a lot last week to help them get ready. They decided they wanted to re-do the kitchen cabinets before the blessing and it turned out so beautiful! Thank you so much for letting us use your beautiful home!
I am also so thankful for a wonderful sister in our ward. When we blessed Zack we were surprised when she caught up to us after sacrament meeting with a notes of the blessing for us. What a wonderful gift! It is now in his baby book and is a great reminder of that wonderful day. I was very grateful to see her after sacrament meeting this time with the same thing for Alexis. I am so excited to have these wonderful blessings in writing. Aaron can never remember what he says when he gives a blessing, side effect of following the Spirit I guess, and he has enjoyed being able to read what he said. He is so eloquent when he gives blessings, I love it!
Mostly I am thankful to be married to such a wonderfully spiritual man. So many blessings have come to our family because Aaron is close to the Lord and knows how to listen to the Spirit. Having the Priesthood and a worthy Priesthood holder in my home is such a comfort in trying times and good times. I am grateful that the Lord has blessed us with the power and authority of His Priesthood on this earth. I am thankful that I was raised in a home with the Priesthood and it's blessings. My appreciation and testimony of its power grows with each use. Thank you to all who joined Aaron in the circle for the blessings of both our beautiful children!

1 comment:

April said...

Oh my goodness she is CA-UTE! Congrats on a special day going over well, her dress was beautiful. A lady in my ward wrote Max's blessing for us as well, it was so thoughtful!