Saturday, August 7, 2010

Redecorating

I got a beautiful new piece of art to put in my house. My sister Britta hosted a class where we got to make our own temple pictures. We painted the frame pieces, glued the picture onto a backing, glazed the picture, stapled the frame together, and then attached the picture to the back of the frame. It turned out sooooo beautiful! I've been wanting a good temple picture to put up in the house and this was a great opportunity to get a good quality for a really great price. I had a great time putting this together for myself. It was also fun because I got to do this along with my sisters. Ranna and I were working together to staple the frames, and we joked about how many projects we've done together over the years. We make a great team, and we had so much fun!

After I got this home, I realized I would need to redecorate the living room in order to find a place on my wall to put it. Where the temple is now, I used to have my family pictures. I moved the family pictures to a wall on the other side of the living room.
In order to make room on this wall, I needed to move the lamp that was there to the other corner. The other corner had a CD rack and the drum set for our Guitar Hero. I cleaned out the coat closet and put the drum set and guitars in there. They fit so well even with my vacuum. Then I boxed up the CD's, which we already have all downloaded onto the computer, and we took the rack to the DI. This cleaned out my corner perfectly. I now had a place to put all my lovely pictures. I am so happy with my new walls! Now I just need to get my new family pictures printed, and it will be perfect.

No comments: