Ever since Zack was three months old, he has been an excellent sleeper. We rarely have a problem with him in the middle of the night, and he always prefers to sleep in his own bed.Last night was the first time he has climbed into bed with Aaron and I, for any reason. He came tearing into our room a little before 2 a.m. He shook me awake and asked if he could sleep in our bed, there were goblins! I sleepily pulled him up into bed, told him he was more than welcome to join us, and he curled right into Aaron's arms. About a half-hour later I decided to see if he was ready to go back to his bed. I picked him up and he asked if they were gone. I told him, of course they were gone. I got him back in bed, reassured him that the goblins were gone, and I didn't hear another peep from him all night.
Before leaving for work this morning I asked Aaron if he woke up at all for this little adventure, and I'm not surprised, he slept right through it. Aaron did hear about the goblins from Zack on the way to the babysitter. Zack casually mentioned that there were goblins last night, and he was scared. Aaron was quick to let him know that goblins don't stay at our house because, as scary as goblins may be, they're more scared of Dad. Zack accepted this as an obvious truth, saying, "Oh yeah!" Hopefully this will help his little active imagination handle the scary dreams that are bound to happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment